From sources within Apple, technology columnist Michael Andrew and his team claim to have obtained photos and illustrations of the second-generation iPad Air. Apple’s forthcoming iPad, which is expected to debut on October 16.
Michael didn’t publish the pictures, but did describe some of the design differences in as much detail as possible. The details are as follows:-
- New iPad Air will come with Touch ID built into the home button.
- It will also come in a gold colour option, according to Michael.
- The new iPad is said to come with an 8MP camera instead of the 5MP camera on the first-generation iPad Air.
- As expected, Michael says it will run on an Apple A8 processor and will come with 2GB of memory as opposed to the 1GB of memory found in the current iPad.
- The new tablet will be 0.5mm thinner.
- Apple may get rid of the 16GB option and could instead offer 32GB, 64GB and 128GB storage variants.
- Expect to see one row grill speakers rather than the two row grill on the current iPad Air.
- The volume buttons are more recessed. The mute/vibration switch is said to be completely gone in order to keep the design super slim.
We’re expecting to hear more about Apple’s next iPad in the upcoming days..